When we were cleaning up the beach we found newspaper and paper advertisement's just flying around, I was thinking that would make a great looking paper bead. You can make these beads from recycled scrap paper, and string them together to make jewelry!
What you'll need:
- scraps of wallpaper, magazine pictures, used wrapping paper, colored paper, etc.
- pencil, ruler, varnish and scissors
- drinking straws
- thread or yarn
Before you begin, gather all of your supplies together and put them on your work surface. Read all of the directions from start to finish. Now you are ready to begin.
- With your scissors, cut long triangles from your paper scraps that are about 1/2-inch wide and 2 1/2-inches long. Make a template to trace, if you wish.
- Cover one side of a triangle with paste. Put the paste on the inside of the paper so that the colorful pattern will be on the outside of your bead.
- Place the triangle's glued short side on a drinking straw.
- Wrap the paper completely around itself on the straw.
- Cut away the straw at both ends of the rolled paper.
- To make beads with different shapes, vary the size and shape of the paper triangles that you cut.
- Then dip it into varnish.
- Let your beads dry, and then string them together on your thread or yarn. Knot the ends of the thread together.
Step 1 Step 3
Step 5 Step 6