Don't freeze trying to pull off those spring looks too early. Make some easy DIY leg warmers from your old sweater pile, and throw them on with a cute sundress. Years ago in High School I would lock myself in my room on snow days tearing up my clothes and sewing them back together again in new ways. It was soo much fun to go back to school with new creations. This DIY was one of my favorite ones from those good old days.
1. You will need an old ugly sweater either from your grandpa, your give away pile, or your local thrift shop. The thicker the sweater the better. You will also need a pair of scissors, and a thick piece of ribbon or a scarf that you don't mind cutting up.
2. Cut off both arms of the sweater.
3. Cut a LONG thick strip of your patterned scarf, or your piece of ribbon. The length must be long enough to wrap around your ankle a few times.
4. Weave your fabric strip through the sweater holes near the end that you cut off. Weave the fabric all the way around and tie a cute bow.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the other leg warmer.
6. Put your new leg warmers on your leg (arm whole first). Tie the bow tighter around your ankle and position the bow near the front of your foot.
7. Cut off excess ribbon.
8. Slip on a cute pair of flats and you are ready to ROCK!