- Clear soda or other drink bottles
- Patterned Paper (that you've hopefully printed yourself)
- A strong hole punch, my old fashioned metal one works great
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top curved portion of your bottle, and even it out with scissors. The height of your bottle is up to you, I've always used the maximum height that I could, but you could certainly make them short and cute to hold something small.
- Cut your paper to the exact height of the straight portion of the bottle. Depending on the shape of the bottom of your bottle, you will probably not want the paper to extend to the bottom of the bottle as it won't lie flat in that portion.
- Insert paper into bottle and secure paper to itself with a piece of tape.
- You may want to use a few clothespins or bulldog clips to hold paper in place so that top edge of paper lines up exactly with top edge of bottle.
- Punch evenly spaced holes through both the paper and the bottle at the same time
- Lace ribbon through the holes moccasin style — the nicest finish I came up with given the rough edge of the soda bottle.
- Place cellophane in bottle and then the present or treat, tie with ribbon and trim cellophane to desired height.
- Give to friends and family and get showered with a ton of compliments! Take credit if you like, but do tell them about my blog, would you?